UNISON is the largest trade union for support staff in schools. UNISON Devon County Branch has thousands of members in schools including teaching assistants, nursery staff, administrators, secretaries, policy officers, technicians, cleaners, caretakers, school meals workers – in fact anyone working in schools or supporting education.
UNISON is campaigning to make sure the vital contribution these staff make to schools and education is recognised and rewarded by calling for:
- Better pay and conditions
- Improved career structures
- Access to training and development
- Fair treatment for term-time, part-time and temporary staff
- High quality, well-resourced education services accountable to the local community
Click here to read UNISON’s latest education news.
Click here to access UNISON’s rescources page which has reports and articles on school issues.